Sunday, 29 December 2013

what's new, British pussycat?

Yes - I've remembered what day it is this time and got my post Christmas body clock back to normal (although that'll probably go out the window next week after New Year...I cannot cope with mid week holidays, they confuse me no end!)

What's going on in the land of UK fabric shops then? Shall we go see?

There's a sale on at Fabric HQ with lots of great fabrics marked down




The final free tutorial in the 12 days of Christmas series arrived before Christmas but I think it's a great idea for any time of year and a perfect craft for trying with the kids. I think it'd be fun to make fairies instead of angels, don't you? It's a really good crafty idea for one of the days this holiday when the kids are bored and it's raining outside (or blowing a gale like it is at the minute)


Over at the village haberdashery there's some kits for some of the free tutorials that have been posted on the blog over the past few months.

Like this scarf

or these bean bags


and also loads of varieties of options for hot water bottle covers too


Find out about more of the kits available and the links to the tutorials on the blog

Backstitch is closed for Christmas and will be mailing again on January 1st. You can still shop, but be aware your packages won't be mailed out until after the New year

Stock up on digital patterns while you wait!


Loads of items have been added to the sale section at Button Up & Stitch


Don't forget about the stash club at simply solids - it's such a great way to boost your stash of all the gorgeous solids and textured basics Justine has in stock


Have you seen this gorgeous quilt that's available as a kit too? You can select your own choice of colours from the kona solids in stock, and make it completely your own. It's a beauty (and really well priced too)


So that's it from me for today. I'll be back next week (as long I remember what day of the week we're on...there's no certainty there though, someone should probably remind me)

Oh - and I just got confirmation that Quilt Monkey's first show will be available from January 15th on the QNNTV website. I've just endured watching myself and I look slightly less bonkers than usual, which is good. I'll be back with more details on that soon!

3 comments:

nattygai said...

i dont cope well with mid week holidays either

Reene@Nellie's Niceties said...

Great round-up KJ :) Will your Quilt Monkey show be available for us Brits to watch too?

sonia said...

I'll se tan alarm to be sure to tune on the 15th. Good luck with that!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!