Thursday, 2 January 2014

quilt sale

Usually I hoard my quilts, or I make them with a certain person in mind and give them away as gifts. My quilt hoarding is getting a little out of control and it's time I let some of my babies fly away to new homes, so I thought I'd sell them here on my blog. Or try at least (and we really need to get some money saved to go on holiday this year, as well as a couple of bills and stuff...like the fact our roof lost some tiles in the storms recently and that needs fixing as soon as possible. *sigh*) 

EDITED TO ADD Also - these prices are kind of low, I realise that and I'm not making a ton of cash on this, I just need to free up some £ and get back basically the cost of making the quilts rather than making a profit. I don't make stuff to sell, so I don't have a profit margin. It just makes sense for things that I really loved making to get used somewhere instead of them living in a closet, doesn't it?!

Prices are in sterling - that's UK money not US$. Multiply by 1.6 for US $ (kinda, that's about the exchange rate right now). If you are interested please shoot me an email at ImAGingerMonkey@gmail.com and thank you in advance!

quick word - I live in a house with 2 cats and dogs, but the quilts are stored locked away in a closet, although I can't guarantee the sneaky creatures haven't at some point got their paws (and fur) near the quilts. If you're allergic then probably best to give things a quick wash before you use them, ok?


Ok, I might regret this one. It's Swoon, in Habitat and was quilted by Angela Walters. The quilting is mind blowing and it's a really weighty quilt because of it. It measures 84" square, was made with habitat by Jay Mccarroll and moda crossweave and backed with carolina chambray (a shot cotton) and more Habitat.  SOLD




orange soda

Orange Soda measures 69" x 85" and was in the Fat Quarterly Shape Workshop book. The fabrics are echino, and the orange petal appliques are a moda dot. It's been long arm quilted in an all over bubbles pattern SOLD


gridlock quilt

Gridlock measures 60" x 84" and is featured in my book 25 patchwork quilt blocks. Long arm quilted in a kind of loopy pattern. Various yellow toned fabrics and kona cotton. SOLD


pillows and quilt


Denyse's giant granny measures 58" x 78". Long arm quilted in a baptist fan pattern. Denyse schmidt fabrics from joann's and spotlight in Australia and flea market fancy legacy, with sketch as the background. SOLD


carnaby street scrappy trips


Carnaby Street scrappy trip along quilt measures 72" square. Long arm quilted in a figure 8 design. Art Gallery Fabrics solids and Pat Bravo for AGF carnaby street. SOLD (thanks Mum! xxx)




Bohemian Diamonds measures 48" x 60", was featured in love patchwork and quilting issue 2 and was custom quilted. SOLD





Buttons measures 38" x 48" and was featured in issue 3 of Love Patchwork and Quilting. It's professionally quilted in an all over loopy design, the 'buttons' are machine appliqued on and it comes with a matching 18" cushion (without insert to save on postage)
£100 plus shipping at cost (free postage within UK)


hello and sit floor cushions. Featured in love patchwork and quilting issue 3. Each one measures 31" square and comes WITHOUT insert to save on shipping. SOLD




triangle city cushion. Measures 18.5" (fits a 20" form) and the pattern was featured in love quilting and patchwork (fall issue). Comes without an insert to save postage. SOLD



spring carnival cushion. Measures 18.5" (fits a 20" form). Comes without an insert to save postage.  SOLD



Ok - that's it! if you are interested please email me ImAGingerMonkey@gmail.com and I accept payment via paypal or bank transfer, whichever you prefer.
Thanks again so much!

16 comments:

memmens said...

Great pieces, here's hoping they all find lovely new homes, I too need to raise funds, I wonder around the house looking at things we could do without and wonder if I can sell them!

pennydog said...

Dude, your art is too cheap!

Reene@Nellie's Niceties said...

I agree with Kerry! Those quilts are worth way more than you're asking!

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Does the swoon quilt have a price? Your quilts are gorgeous Katy and I agree you're not asking enough for them.

Karen said...

Don't sell your Habitat Swoon quilt. I followed along on your blog and I really think you should keep it. Or raise the price much above the others to make it worthwhile.

Fran said...

Have you thought of raffling any? I agree these are very cheap prices, but sadly not within my post Christmas budget. However, would happily take a chance in a raffle, especially the absolutely gorgeous swoon...

Kay said...

I wish I was a rich lady!!! Some lucky people are going to have beautiful quilts in their homes.

Debbie said...

Stunning work. Don't sell the swoon, or price it much higher than you have it. Your work is worth more than what you have your items priced at. Best of luck...

Beth said...

You are killing me my friend. If I had money the swoon would be mine! But right now I have a furnace that needs fixing. My house is cold.

Beth said...

You are killing me my friend. If I had money the swoon would be mine! But right now I have a furnace that needs fixing. My house is cold.

Nana-Bob said...

they are all so beautiful. I would have loved to have Swoon, but someone beat me to it. :) Early bird and all that, lol. Good luck, looks like you are almost done! :)

Katy Cameron said...

Aww, I love that your mum bought one! Hope you have a sell out :o)

Stitch and Yarn said...

Oh I wish people wouldn't undervalue their art. It makes it so much harder as a community to make a living from what we love doing!

Karen said...

Yay! You are selling stuff fast! I too love that your Mum bought one :)

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on nearly selling out! Your work is beautiful and the people who now own your pieces will be thrilled for the rest of their lives.

Cindy Pilkington said...

Absolutely beautiful quilts! Alas, I'm too late to get the one(s) I liked best? So happy for you that all were sold and went to homes who wanted them! What treasures they have now!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive